Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Rain, Rain, Go Away.

I don't know what it is about the rain, but no matter how good of a mood I'm in before the dreary weather hits, I seem to go into instant crabby-pants mode the second it gets icky out. I woke up this morning to the sound of pouring rain, and while many people find that to be relaxing, I find it to be rather depressing. I can't ever remember a time in my life when I actually wanted it to rain or enjoyed it when it happened. It just makes me an unhappy little camper. So, sunhine, if you're listening, please come back to me because I'm not enjoying this less-than-stellar mood I'm in! Kind of ironic because one of my favorite quotes is, "We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same, so the trick is in what we emphasize." For me being someone who's such a proponent of the idea that we are in control of our own attitude and mood, it seems a little silly that I blame the rain for making me hate the world sometimes. Oh well, everyone's allowed to have a bad day or two once in awhile, right?!

No comments: