Friday, September 3, 2010

Hit Me Up On My Celly

So... I've recently been hanging out with someone who doesn't have a cell phone. I know, if you're anything like me, you're thinking, "Who the frick doesn't have a cell phone these days?!" I still struggle with the concept. I don't understand how anyone wouldn't love the ease and convenience of having such a handy litte device at their fingertips. For instance, last night I had to do research on my phone on two separate occasions. Someone needed to know how to make an unheard of alcholic drink. Let's Google it. When is daylight savings time this year? Let's Google it. I mean, come on, how awesome is it to be able to have immediate answers to all your questions?! Well anyway, after a somewhat lengthy conversation with said person, I was put in my place about why it's okay not to rely so heavily on my cell phone. One thing he said was, "People who need to find me know how to get ahold of me." True, very true. But what if you want to get ahold of someone? And how do you remember everyone's phone numbers? And what if something happens to you--how do you call someone? It's a mystery how he did it, but somehow he was able to explain away all my questions (quite easily, I might add). I tell ya, maybe I could learn a lesson from all of this. After all, there was once a time in my life when I didn't have a cell phone. And guess what? I lived. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not about to give up this phone anytime soon, but at least I can recognize that having it permantly attached to me probably isn't quite as necessary as I think it is......

No comments: