Monday, August 30, 2010

17 Again?

I know I probably shouldn't see this as a bad thing, but since I started bartending, I have encounteed a ridiculous amount of people who think I'm WAY younger than I am. The most common age they guess? 17. Seriously? I mean, I can agree with the fact that maybe I don't look like I'm about to turn 25, but I really don't think I look the same as I did when I was 17 for Pete's sake! I think people must just equate being little with being young. The conversation usually comes up when someone offers to buy me a drink because at least one person in the bar doesn't think I'm old enough to drink. And if it's not that, then it comes up when they ask what else I do. If I tell them I just graduated college, most of them freak out. Then I tell them I got my Master's degree, and they just about fall over dead. In all honesty, it kind of cracks me up. For some reason, my real age is just a shocker, I guess! Anyway, I included two pictures (one from when I was 17, and one from a few weeks ago). Yeah, I still look similar, but I think there are some differences. Maybe that's just what I'm trying to tell myself in hopes that I look at least a little more mature these days... Judge for yourself! :)

No comments: