Thursday, August 26, 2010

Bad Girls

Last night, me, Erin, and Jill watched the movie "Law Abiding Citizen" after having a delicious meal prepared by Erin herself. I had heard good things about the movie, but I do have to comment on the fact that it was waaaaaay more violent than I expected! It was pretty good, and I loved how it ended, but half the time, I was doing the whole peeking-through-with-one-eyeball thing because I didn't like what I was seeing. Eek! After that intensity, it seemed only right to catch up on some mindless TV shows by watching this week's episodes of the Real World and Bad Girls Club. In past years, I have been a major fan of Bad Girls Club (although I'm not proud to admit it). If you're unfamiliar with the show, here's the premise: A bunch of self-proclaimed "bad girls" move into a house together, and basically all they do is get tanked, have sex with randos, and fight with each other over the most p.o.i.n.t.l.e.s.s. things. Sounds really worth your time, right? Well, as Erin and I watched it last night, I couldn't help but feel pathetic for wasting about 40 valuable minutes of my life by watching the show. I guess in a way it makes me feel better about my own life, but damn. These girls are trashy and they are MEAN. Maybe that's the point since they're supposed bad girls, but seriously. I would not want people to see me in the light that I see them! Not gonna lie, I'll probably continue to watch it because it's cheap entertainment (if you can even call it entertainment), but I'm definitely not as excited about it as I used to be. Perhaps it's because I'm not cuddling up on the couch with my old roomie Steph anxiously waiting for the new episode, but somehow, it is starting to lose its effect. Thank God.

No comments: