Friday, August 20, 2010

Little Brown Jug

So... I'm a little behind on posting this, but last weekend, I went to Minocqua with my mom and some of her friends. Man, did we have a blast! My aunt and uncle have a cabin up there, so since they were out in N.Y., we decided to invade their territory for the weekend! The first place we stopped? This little hole-in-the-wall bar called the Little Brown Jug. I've heard many stories about this place, but up until last weekend, I had never experienced its glory. We all put money into a kitty, and one of the the first things we were talked into buying was an Agwa Bomb. Just the name freaked me out, but the description was even crazier. There was talk of some ingredient being flown in from Bolivia and then transported to Canada before it even makes it the U.S. I mean, this drink literally sounded illegal. Coincidentally, the famous LBJ is the top seller in the whole country of this alcohol. I wonder why... Perhaps because everyone sees the sign and says, "Hmm, what is that?" and upon hearing the description, they're so curious that they just haaaaaave to try it. That's what happened to us! So, 6 bombs and $30 later, we all got a taste of the Agwa Bomb. Wasn't as terrible as I'd feared, although some man told us that pretty soon we'd be seeing a little fairy on our shoulders. Again, sounds illegal. I'm not sure if the bombs were to blame for the craziness that ensued (see the pictures below), but I'm sure they didn't help the situation. Thankfully, we made it back to the cabin safely and lived to tell the stories of the weekend. Can't wait to go back! :)











No comments: