Sunday, March 20, 2011

Long Lost Loves.

This weekend took me on a sweet trip down memory lane. During my time in college, I managed to meet some of the most amazing people I've ever known, and I consider myself extremely blessed to have them in my life. I'll admit, I'm not the best when it comes to keeping in touch. I have good intentions, but life happens, and I don't get to catch up with people nearly as often as I'd like. That's why when I found out that not one, but TWO, of my favorite friends from college were going to be in Milwaukee this weekend, I was thrilled!!

My friend Lauren has been a part of my life since I first moved to La Crosse. We lived in the same dorm our freshman year, and then we were roommates during our sophomore and junior years. This girl can seriously bring a smile to my face faster than anyone I know. She's hilarious, but also incredibly sweet. While we were reminiscing at lunch yesterday, we realized that it's been about a year and 1/2 since we last saw each other. Very disheartening! Fortunately, she's in town all week, so I think I get to sneak in at least one more visit with her before she heads back to Minnesota. Can't wait!

Me and Lauren at Mo's Irish Pub for lunch!
My friend Jen is someone I was fortunate enough to meet on my study abroad trip to England in the summer of 2007. (Time out, I can't believe it's been almost 4 years since that trip!) At the time, I'd never been overseas, and I didn't know a single soul going on the trip with me, so to say I was nervous is a bit of an understatement. Fortunately, Jen and I became really close during our time there, and the rest is history. We're so much alike that it's scary. Gotta say, I can't even imagine my life without her! The pictures below serve as a "naughty" and "nice" display of sorts. When she and I get together, things usually get a little crazy before the night's over. ;)

Me and Jen before going out on the town in Milwaukee!
After far too many shots (noticed I spilled on myself). Quite representative of us.

No comments: