Saturday, July 7, 2012

Productive Day!

Today has to go down in history as one of my most productive days. I slept until about 9:30, then got up, got dressed, and went for a 1.5 mile walk. (So many people in the neighborhood waved to me as I walked. I felt kinda like I was "home" or something!) After my walk, I decided to clean out my freezer, which I've been wanting to do for awhile. It wasn't cleaning out in the sense that I was getting rid of a bunch of stuff, but it was more just taking an inventory and organizing what was in there. I should have done the refrigerator right away too, but that was more than I wanted to tackle. ;) After that project, I had some lunch and went outside to clean out and organize the trunk of my car. Every time I open my trunk, I'm horrified by how messy and full it is. And then I have flashbacks to last year when I had to get to my spare tire and had SO much stuff in my trunk that it took me foreverrrrr to get to the tire. Yeah. I still have a fair amount of things to keep in my trunk (a cooler, a blanket, reusable grocery bags, a folding chair, etc.), but after sorting through all the unnecessary stuff, I was at least able to get it somewhat organized! Whew, one step closer. The inside of my car was also disastrous. The main culprit was a few bags of clothes I had in the backseat to go to Goodwill. They've been in there a long time because there isn't a Goodwill right in my backyard, so they haunted me every time I looked in my car. Today, I decided to remedy that. I plugged a Goodwill address into my GPS and took my butt there to get rid of the stuff. After that, I thought, "Hmmm. I wonder if there's a Wal-mart around here," because I had to return a few things. Sure shit, there was one literally a block in the other direction! So, I returned my items and then got a few groceries to complete my dinner list. Once I got home, I relaxed a bit and then cooked myself a nice dinner. And now I'm just chillin'. Maybe I'll clean out my fridge tomorrow. Or... maybe not... ;) Are you understanding why I feel like it was such a productive day today?! Seriously, I could get used to this. LOVE IT.

I should back up for just a second and say that this week, I started a bit of an exercise regimen that L helped me develop. I know I'm not needing to lose weight or anything, but I just feel so inactive all the time, and I can kinda feel the effects of that on my body. Thought it made sense to get his advice because he works out so often. I won't lie, the workouts have been far from easy, but I can proudly say that I've done them all, and that's the important part! (On a related note, have you ever tried plank exercises? A small part of one of my workouts calls for 4 planks, 45-60 seconds each. Sounds easy, but holy s*@t! Nope. That's all I'm gonna say;). Point being.... I did a few workouts this week, with an especially long one after work last night, and then went for my walk this morning. I must say, I think I can credit all this energy and productivity to that! I feel like people always say that you'll just overall feel better if you lead a more active lifestyle, and while I'm only a week in, I'm feeling pretty good and refreshed. This is good!! :) Anyway, see some photos from my productive day below!
BEFORE
(Freezer - Yikes.)
 AFTER
(Freezer)

Up: Inventory of meat. ;)
Down: BEFORE (Trunk - Yikes)
 AFTER
(Trunk)
My meal!


2 comments:

Megan said...

Ha! I feel your pain Nee, my Jillian Michaels dvd does all sorts of workout moves in the plank position and she loves it, me on the other hand, i hate them the most:)

Renee said...

Yeah, they are definitely tough! I can see why they're good, but that doesn't mean I have to enjoy or love them! ;)