Sunday, July 22, 2012

La Crosse + Wedding

As promised, here are a few tidbits from my weekend in La Crosse last weekend (assuming you care;). The purpose for my trip was my old roommate Lauren's wedding, which was in Rochester. Rather than driving all the way up to Rochester, it made much more sense to go to La Crosse first and make that my weekend "home" so I could break up the drive and also see L before we headed to MN on Saturday. I went up after work and we just laid low that night. Got up, had some brunch, and then got ready for the wedding. L was definitely NOT too excited about the wedding. He's not a fan in general, especially not when he doesn't know anyone, so I was happy he agreed to be my date (despite the occasional whining on the trip;). We went to the wedding at 1:00 and then had a bunch of awkward time in between that and the reception, so we ended up going to Taco Bell to grab a little food. Nothing like strollin' in for some TB in fancy wedding clothes, ha! After that, we found a bar in downtown Rochester - which was surprisingly no easy feat - and had a few drinks. Then we made our way back for the reception. Eventually we ate and did a little dancing, and then we headed out relatively early because we decided to drive back that same night. There was appeal to staying in a hotel, but we decided it didn't seem ideal to spend that much on a hotel when we were only an hour away from home. Just relaxed when we got home that night, and then Sunday was a long, fun day! We got up somewhat early, headed out to Pettibone Boat Club for breakfast and ended up staying for several hours, went to Ye Olde Style Inn (another local pub) and had an afternoon lunch, and ended by going to see the new Spiderman movie. SUCH a fun day! I met my friend Andrew later for a little bit because it'd been a LONG time since I'd seen him, so that was nice too! Backing up a sec, this was the first time I'd been to the boat club. It is right on the water, and it was beautiful! I had such a blast being there, minus the fact that I got sunburnt on my right arm and thigh. I'd go back in a heartbeat. Anyway, on Monday, which I'd taken off, L went back to work and I just chilled. I got my hair done and had lunch with L, then just relaxed all day. He came home and we spent the night just hanging out. I had to work Tuesday, so I had my always-occurring dilemma: Do I go tonight? Or do I stay over and get up super early to drive back? Of course, because I love being there, I tortured myself a bit and decided to stay over. I tell ya, getting up at 4:30 is no easy feat. Driving 3+ hours after that is also no easy feat. And working 9 hours once I arrive is pretty much torture. However, I've done it a few times, and I actually survive a little easier than one would think. So, a few extra hours are worth it! :) Anyway, I'll stop talking now. Enjoy a few pics from our weekend. We clean up well, huh?!

OH! I should mentioned that the pearl earrings and necklace were a gift from L. He got them for me in Hawaii! :)
In the mirror before heading out!
 Killing time in downtown Rochester.
 Me and Lauren, the beautiful bride!
 Candid shot. :)
He hates these types of photos. ;)
Check us out on the left. This must have been the moment when he was pulling away to switch dancing positions because he felt we were dancing like high schoolers with my arms around his neck. ;) Apparently we should dance more like the guy to our right in the pink shirt. Who knew?! Seems a little old school to me, ha!
 Full length photo!
 Now THERE is that smile I love. :)
 Brunch at Pettibone Boat Club!
Lunch at Ye Olde Style Inn!

No comments: