Monday, November 15, 2010

Never Grow Up

When I first heard the song "Never Grow Up" on Taylor Swift's new CD called Speak Now, I thought of my little nieces. It's a really pretty song that talks about wanting to preserve the innocence associated with being little. Interestingly, as I listened to it a few more times, I started to think of my own life right now, and some lyrics in the song really stuck out to me. She sings, "So here I am in my new apartment, in a big city, they just dropped me off. It's so much colder than I thought it would be, so I tuck myself in and turn my night light on..." If I wanted to put my current thoughts into a song, I probably would've written something almost identical to that! Crazy, I tell ya. Anyway, take a listen. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do! :)

No comments: