Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Flu.

What's worse than having the flu? Having the flu and not having cable. I was perfectly healthy all day yesterday, but around 11:30 last night, it all started going downhill. And the funny thing is (well, it's not funny, but the timing is), my boss was home sick for part of the day yesterday too. I just got done telling my best friend that I've been really lucky so far this year in terms of staying healthy. And sadly, when I told her that, I even said, "I'm afraid I'm jinxing myself, but..." Guess I was right! :( I feel terrible having to be home from work already since I just started, but as you've all learned, my boss is extremely understanding and was more than willing to let me have the time off to recoup. So far, I haven't moved off my couch except to use the bathroom for flu-relief purposes (I'll spare the dirty details). Lovely day. And this is what I mean about it being torturous not having cable. All I want to do is flip through mindless television shows, but instead I have to constantly be changing out movies or TV on DVD. Normally I wouldn't care, but I just want to lie here and not do anything, and still have something on the TV to distract me from the fact that I feel like I'm dying. That's where my blog comes in, I suppose. If I feel better later, maybe I can back track and talk about my good time at home for Thanksgiving, but for now, I'll just be thankful that I could write this without a vomit interruption.

No comments: