Sunday, November 14, 2010

53207.

53207. Yep. That's my new zip code! :) It's offical folks, I am now a Milwaukee resident!!! Pretty much never imagined until recently that this place would ever be "home" to me. But alas, it is, and I'm feeling pretty excited! Unfortunately, I don't have a link to my exact apartment, but if you go back to my apartment hunting blog entry, it's in the same building as the third apartment on my list. For the most part, the concept is the same, but the one I actually chose is on the third floor and the layout is a slightly different. I love, love, LOVED the older apartments on my list, but they didn't make sense for a few reasons. The biggest reason? They were in Shorewood. Awesome village, no street parking. What?! How can you not have street parking?! Even I wouldn't have my own parking spot (unless I paid $75 more per month and was willing to walk a couple blocks to get to it), and for me, that's pretty huge. I definitely plan to have as many visitors as possible, so the thought of having to try to work out those logistical things didn't really sit well with me. Hence, I made the apartment choice I did. Surprisingly, the move went really well. For the first time since I've lived away from home, my whole family was along to help me move. Having mom, dad, AND the bros all here made the unloading process go really fast, and I can't thank them enough for all their help! My brothers headed back home right after putting together a shelf for me, but my parents stayed over night. We did some exploring of the area, and it was a lot of fun! I can't remember the names of most of the places we went, but we did check out the Horny Goat Brewing Company. I enjoyed it. And random, but a guy who brought us some of our drinks was originally from Wausau (he recently moved here), and he has some family in Colby that we know. Um, small world! I'll have to go back there again. He could be my first friend in Milwaukee! :) Anyway, the 'rents took me to get some essentials today (i.e., trash cans, a shower curtain, goodies), and then they headed out of town. So, now here I am, all by my lonesome in my new apartment. Wouldn't be so bad, but the cable company can't come for over a week yet. Ahhh! It's moments like this when I can justify having hundreds of dollars invested in movies and TV on DVD. Right now, it's "How I Met Your Mother" time! Since I still have a lot of settling to do, I haven't gotten too bored yet. I'm sure that will come soon enough considering I don't start work until Thursday, but it will be nice to just relax and familiarize myself with the area. Something tells me the next few entries will include little tidbits about fun discoveries I make, instances of me getting lost, and a few random emotional breakdowns. Stay tuned for all that! :)

No comments: