Monday, October 10, 2011

Hello, Fall! :)

This past weekend, I had no real plans, which is something I always appreciate these days. Saturday, I'm ashamed to admit, was spent sitting on my ass doing a whole lot of nothing. Well, not entirely. I did attempt to clean my apartment, but other than that, I watched TV, dinked around on my computer, and played mindless games on my tablet. I feel slightly ashamed for that, but at the same time, I believe there is a quote out there somewhere that says something like, "Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted." Since I enjoyed it, I don't feel too guilty! ;) That being said, I knew on Sunday that I would probably really regret not getting outside for part of the day since the weather this weekend was GORGEOUS. I'm talking low 80's when it is practically mid-October. Who wouldn't want to soak that up?! Probably about a month ago, I took a completely new way home from work (I love doing that!), and I drove past a pretty big park known as Humboldt Park. I'd heard of it before, but had never been, so needless to say, I was kind of excited to randomly uncover it. That is where I decided to venture on Sunday morning, and wow, am I ever happy I did! I brought my tablet along with me and ended up going a little picture crazy. I think I took over 60 photos, ha! I was just so intrigued by how different one part of the park was from the other in terms of the colors of the leaves. The part of the park that I first encountered was far more green, so perhaps that means I can get more cool pictures of changing leaves in a week from now! I'm kind of embarrassed to admit this, but the park is bigger than I thought, so there was not one, but TWO times, that I got in my car and started driving to go back to my apartment and then stopped to get out and take more pictures. Yep, I was definitely that girl. (My mom can attest to that since I was on the phone with her during those moments!) Thing is, I don't care how silly that seems, because it was a wonderful day and I uncovered some pretty beautiful views! I apologize in advance for the number of pics. It was tough to narrow down. I hope you enjoy and that you were also able to get out and do some amazing outdoor activities over the weekend! :)


What a cute little pathway!






This big tree (above) hasn't decided if it wants to change!





Fell in love with the big tree above!

Not sure why, but I'm a huge fan of the above picture. I just think the sweeping branches look so cool. THIS is why I get so excited!

Way up in the distance, there's a couple walking their dog. I am just in love with everything about this picture. Everything.



I LOVE this tree! (Above.)



I feel like it's rare to uncover views like this anywhere, let alone in Milwaukee, so I was REALLY excited to run across this in the park!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

beautiful! gonna miss those warm days... :(

rlzimmerman said...

Pretty, pretty,pretty!!! What a beautiful park! Great pictures Renee!

Unknown said...

SO pretty Nae. Whyyyyy can't it be that weather ALL year round?!:)

Renee said...

Thanks, ladies! I ALREADY miss those warm days. Seriously, how does it change SO much in the span of a week?! Anyway, it was a gorgeous day that offered some gorgeous views, and I'm so happy I took advantage! :)