Friday, May 27, 2011

Miller Park Virgin!

Up until this past Monday (May 23), I have been able to constantly shock people with the fact that I had NEVER been to a Brewers game. That's right, folks. I was a Miller Park virgin for the first 25 years of my life. Fortunately, the looks of horror and disgust that have plagued me all these years can finally cease. My dear friend Mandi called me last Sunday (as I was driving home through the tornadoes) and asked me what I was doing Monday night. She and some friends were coming down for the game, so she asked if I wanted to come along. At first, I wasn't going to go. Then I thought about it and was like, "Why the hell WOULDN'T I go?!" The timing worked out perfectly. I met them at a restaurant and then we went to the stadium to do a little tailgating. We totally lucked out. The Milwaukee weather has been complete shit over the past few months (well, pretty much since I've lived here), but we had a b-e-a-uitful day! The roof was open at the stadium and everything! I tried to capture the awesomeness through some pictures, but it doesn't quite do it justice. Hope you enjoy the photos! And if you ever want to go to a Brewer game in the future, make sure to invite me... :)

Eeek! There's the stadium!!

Tailgating with the ladies...
Me and Mandi in front of the stadium!

The ticket taker INSISTED on taking a pic with me to document my first game!


In the stadium with our margaritas! Yum!


Me inside the stadium! I'm such a "tourist." ;)


Ryan Braun (our seats were right behind him!)


Sausage Races! I chose Chorizo - he lost miserably.


Still enjoying ourselves! :)


Brewers DOMINATED! They beat the Nationals 11-3. Wahoo!

No comments: