Sunday, June 26, 2011

Detroit Rock City!

As promised, here is another little entry about my trip to Detroit. (Sorry for the delay!). Rather than spending a ton of time explaining all the finer details, I thought I'd just include some pictures of some of the cool things I saw and experienced. Many people have a pretty negative, warped view of what Detroit is like, primarily because they've never been there, but I would like to emphasize the whole "never judge a book by its cover" philosophy here. I learned SO much about the city that I never knew before going there. I'd encourage you to check it out. And if you're worried about the neighborhoods or crime rates, just follow the advice of one of the locals: "Don't be afraid, but don't be absent-minded." Simple enough! :)

Michigan Central Station
(Built by the same person who designed Grand Central Station in NYC)
Clearly it's no longer in use. Sad.

Canada!
I'll confess, I didn't realize Canada was so close to Detroit!

Heidelberg Project
(Click on the photo for larger views!)

Sauces at Slow's Bar BQ. My favorite was the spicy!
(Arguably Detroit's most famous restaurant. It was AWESOME!)

View from Coach Insignia - Restaurant atop the GM Building
(Bummer it was so cloudy!)

Me with the Tiger at Comerica Park
(Where the Detroit Tigers play MLB Baseball!)

Scoreboard at Comerica Park. Very cool!

No comments: