Saturday, February 19, 2011

W.W.W. (Wild. Wild. Week.)

Simply put, this has been one hell of a week. In the Career Services world, there are certain times of the year when life becomes a complete whirlwind, and there are certain times when you wonder what you can possibly do with all the time on your hands. Well, right now is the whirlwind time, and I'm exhaaaaausted. I don't like to complain too much when it comes to my job because I love, Love, LOVE it. However, I put in a crazy amount of hours this week, and I feel like I have the right to bitch a little. ;) Up until yesterday, the earliest I had gotten home this week was 7:30pm. We had events and socials and career fairs galore, which translates into our office doing lots and lots of work. I do have to say, though, even though it's been hard and stressful and tiring, I did find most of it very rewarding. For instance, I spent 9:00am to 10:00pm (all 13 hours on my feet) at Marquette University on Thursday because all the private colleges in Wisconsin, including MIAD, had their joint internship and career fair that day. I can't even explain how much work goes into getting it all set up, making sure the employers are happy and comfortable, and calming down the students as they meet their potential future bosses. But, despite all the work, it's so great to see the final product. We registered 1,100+ students, so I'd call that a success! Thankfully, I got a little reward by being able to leave at 4:00pm yesterday. What a bonus! :) Anyway, now I'm just happy to be "relaxing" this weekend by doing some laundry, some cleaning, and some catching up on the DVR. I'm going to a beer and food tasting event at the Milwaukee Public Museum tonight, so I'm pretty pumped about that! Should be a good time! Well, I'll do my best to be a better blogger in the upcoming days! But for now, it's over and out!

No comments: