Wednesday, February 23, 2011

47 Sneezes.

I. am. miserable. I woke up this morning to an unexpected and unwelcomed head cold that has officially taken over my life. So far, I have sneezed 47 times today. Yes, I started counting. Normally, I know I'm probably getting a cold if I sneeze more than 3 times right in a row. Today, I had two bouts of sneezing 7 times in a row. NOT a good sign. As if the sneezing isn't bad enough, I've gone through nearly an entire box of Kleenex and my eyes won't stop watering. Lastly, my ears hurt and my head feels like it's going to explode. This suckssssss. I am anxiously holding out for about another hour so I can take night time cold medicine that will hopefully knock my ass out. Wish me luck that this passes before my trip to La Crosse this weekend. I simply refuse to let this "little" cold keep me from one of my favorite places on earth!

6 comments:

rlzimmerman said...

Try some Sudafed..sorry but not sure if I spelled that right...but it seems to work. So sorry to hear you aren't feeling well but I am still laughing that you actually counted how many times you sneezed! Here's hoping you are feeling much better by the time you read this! :)

Renee said...

Thanks for the advice! I have a bunch of Tylenol Severe Cold stuff that I'm trying to use up, but I'm still feeling pretty crappy, so maybe I'll run to the store for some Sudafed if I have time today! As for counting sneezes, I know. I'm weird. ;)

Megan said...

Too funny, thats exactly how i know i'm gonna be sick, if i sneeze too much in a day!! I guess us "wierd ones" stay together:)

Renee said...

Too funny, Pig! Keeping track of my sneezes has always been a reliable way for me to predict sickness! Needless to say, 47 sneezes hasn't worked out so well for me! Fortunately, I didn't sneeze much today, but my body feels like it's been run over by a bus. Not sure it's a fair trade off. Here's hoping for good health in the near future! :)

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Renee, I know exactly how you feel. I to came down with a cold and feel miserable. I HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER FOR YOUR TRIP TO LaCROSSE~!! Have fun :) I Love You MOM

Renee said...

Feel better, mama!! Sadly, I still don't feel that great, but I'm still heading to LAX!