Tuesday, August 27, 2013

The Long Road Has a Purpose.

Hi friends. I'm back for a moment amidst all the craziness that is my life right now. As some (or all) of you may know at this point, I recently accepted a new job at UW-Madison, and in the next few weeks, I will be uprooting my life here in Milwaukee and moving there. Ummm, holy crap! I am beyond excited, and I can't wait to share more with you because this has felt like a very long time coming! Because I've been busy sorting out all the logistical details and have been trying to pack, I haven't had much time for anything besides that and helping with my transition out of my current office. That's why this entry will be so short, but I just wanted to quickly share a quote with you that I saw on Pinterest tonight. Seems so fitting, it's scary! Here goes...

"No matter what happens, no matter how far away you seem to be from where you want to be, never stop believing that you will somehow make it. Have an unrelenting belief that things will work out, that the long road has a purpose, that the things you desire may not happen today, but they will happen. Continue to persist and persevere."

Crazy accurate, right?! I have been wanting for a long time to have all the pieces fall into place in my life, and it seems like this will be a huge step in the right direction. Stay tuned for more posts about how this all came about, what I'll be doing in Madison, and how I'm coping with it all. ;) Wish me luck!

5 comments:

rlzimmerman said...

Congrats Renee, such great news! And love the quote!

Unknown said...

LOVE the quote!! I'm SO damn excited for you, as you know!!! Can't wait to visit you in Madison as soon as you're settled!!!:)

Renee said...

Thanks Casey and Laurie! Your excitement makes me happy! :) Casey, you best believe I'll be ready for you asap! I plan to have my apartment fully unpacked in about a day, ha! (That's actually not a joke, I'm a freak about unpacking;).

Unknown said...

andddd I'm behind on blogging, obviously. BUT yay for moving and the new job finally. you've been sssooo patient! ;)

Renee said...

Thanks Court! Pretty excited about it all, and patience certainly hasn't always been easy! ;) Glad it finally happened!