Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Exciting Events!

Hi all! I don't necessarily have a major post to do here, but I thought I'd update you on my always busy life. There are a number of things coming up in the next few weeks that are making life so much more exciting for me, and I figured I might as well take a stab at making all of you jealous! ;) In all honesty, putting this stuff down on 'paper' helps me stay focused and happy. As usual, I get caught up in a lot of daily things that I forget to stop and appreciate things. Therefore, I'm doing this more to remind myself of happy things than I am to make you jealous, in case you were worried about that. ;) So, here goes!

My youngest nephew Homer turns 1 tomorrow. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HOMER!! :)

This weekend, L and I (along with his sister T) will be heading to Colby. Suuuuuper excited! It's the Smith Bros. Open House, as well as Mother's Day weekend. I'm really looking forward to it, and so are they! We will be heading to town on Friday night, and we'll be greeted by ribs on the grill. Awesome! Probably keep it lowkey since L and I will be working at the Open House, but we'll see what happens. He and I both took Monday off as well, so there's an extra day off. Yes! Not only that, but we'll be driving down to La Crosse on Monday morning so I can get my hair done! (Yes, I'm weirdly loyal to my hair stylist there;). After that, we'll have lunch out L's favorite sushi place and then head back to Madtown. It will be a great weekend all around, and I genuinely can't wait to see everyone and have a good time!

The following weekend, I have no plans, but knowing me and L, one of us will probably be visiting the other. Ha! The weekend after that (Memorial Day weekend), we have a big Brewers weekend planned. A bunch of people from the 'core' group will be heading to Milwaukee for a weekend full of fun. Not really sure how the weekend will begin, but we'll be tailgating at Miller Park on Saturday and then going to the game that night. They did this event last year (I wasn't involved), and it sounds like there wasn't much game watching happening. People had a little too much fun before and after, ha! Either way, I'm super pumped. Also, because it's a long weekend for everyone, I believe everyone is hanging around on Sunday as well. Some of the people in the group live along a lake, so we'd potentially have access to that and a boat, weather permitting. I can't wait! I must confess, I'm selfishly pretty pumped that I don't have to travel much for this event. I feel like I'm always on the go, so it'll be nice to be in my stomping grounds!

Then comes probably the most exciting event..... At the end of the month, L and I are heading to Florida for a week. Ahhhhhh! I seriously could not be more excited. Not even sure how the convo originated, but he is going to Florida for a work conference, and somehow we got to talking about how it'd be kinda fun if he could extend it and if I could come along. After some thinking and planning, it's happening! We'll go down a few days before his conference starts and stay in a different hotel, and then once the conference starts, we'll switch over to the hotel where the conference is located. The beautiful thing about that lies in the fact that when we switch to the second hotel, his work pays for it since he's there for the conference! I'm all about saving money when I can. ;) I have bought a few new outfits in preparation for the trip. I must say, I think I'll look pretty cute. Ha! Gotta control myself though, because there have been a few unexpected expenses that have popped up lately. Anyway, I am SO excited for this trip, not only as a chance to get away, but to spend a whole week with no one but L. It will be amazing, I already know it! :)

Lastly, towards the end of June, I will be going to Summerfest to see Pitbull with a colleague from UWM and some of her friends. That may not be as exciting to you if you don't know who he is, but I'm pretty sure you live on a rock if you've never heard a song with him in it! ;) Should be a lot of fun!

If you're lucky, I may even be doing individual posts about each of these things when they happen, but for now, I just wanted to share all the fun stuff coming up in the next few weeks. It's gonna fly! I'm afraid summer's gonna disappear right before my eyes. :-/ But hey, at least I'll be doing things I enjoy! Can't wait, and hope you are all getting ready to do some fun things over the summer!

No comments: