Sunday, June 24, 2012

Hey Ladies!

Last weekend, I had the pleasure of having two of my besties (Erin and Subera) visit me for the weekend. Since we all live a decent distance away from each other (Milwaukee, Wausau, and the Twin Cities), it is sadly getting more rare with each passing year that we can all get together for any extended period of time. Fortunately for us, Subera is a planner, so she got the ball rolling, and before I knew it, they were here for a visit! We didn't make too many plans knowing that we'd primarily just want to catch up, so that was good. Erin drove in last Friday evening, and then almost immediately, we went to pick up Subs from the airport. Most people might think it's weird to fly from the Cities to Milwaukee, but let me tell ya, that drive is NOT fun. (I did it last year for the NKOTBSB concert.) Once we were back at my place, we put in some pizza fries, which happens to be a bit of a tradition for us, and then just spent the evening catching up on each other's lives. Never a shortage to talk about, that's for sure! The next day, we got up at our own pace and had brunch at Honeypie. We also went to Lakefront Brewery for a tour and were lucky enough to be able to hop on a tour just as we walked in the door. A great time (my second tour there), and once the tour was over, we were graced with much nicer weather because it'd previously been raining. As part of the tour, they give you a coupon to get a free beer at any of the bars listed on the coupon. Wasn't too familiar with any of them, but we chose Bar Louie and sat outside there for some drinks and apps. Then we proceeded to go to Coyote Ugly since it was right across the road. That's where things got interesting... ;) Anyone who knows Subs knows she's not afraid to get wild and crazy, and that she did. Fun, I tell ya! We took a breather at my apartment after Coyote Ugly, and then spent a good chunk of the night at a local townie bar called Back Draught that's just down the street from me. Quite the crew in there that evening, but I'd say we had a good time! Heck, they even let Subera behind the bar to serve a few shots at one point. Yeah... We got brunch again on Sunday morning, Erin headed out, and then an hour or two later, I took Subs back to the airport. With as much as we did, the weekend seemed to go WAY too fast. I had a blast, but I miss them already and can't wait until I see them again! Take a look at a few photos from our weekend!

Inside the Lakefront Brewery!
Goofing around after the tour. Typical. ;)
Me and Subs at Coyote Ugly!
They danced on the bar. I opted out. :)
 An older gentleman taking a body shot off Subera. Told ya she got crazy. ;)
Hanging out at Back Draught!

 A man at the bar bought each of us a rose! :)
Subera as a bartender.  Yep.
(This was a fitting last picture...)

No comments: