Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Milwaukee Summer!

Look at me. Two blog posts in one day. Unheard of! ;)
Anyway, I just wanted to do an entry about the awesome weekend I just had here in Milwaukee! The first thing many people told me when I moved here was that I was going to LOVE the city in the summer. Nothing makes me happier than having fun things to do when the weather's gorgeous and the night's are long! Much to my dismay, however, I have spent very little time here during the past few months (on the weekends anyway). Don't get me wrong, I've loved all the happenings I've had going on, but aside from nights during the week, I haven't had the opportunity to really soak in the summer in "my" city, and it kinda bums me out. Fortunately, this past weekend changed that for me a bit! I'm not sure how familiar you are with Summerfest, but it's a HUGE 11-day music festival that takes place in Milwaukee every summer. I've been to it before, but didn't quite realize its magnitude until moving here. Quite a few months ago, I was hanging with a couple of my girlfriends and we happened to start talking about it once we noticed Sugarland was performing. We decided to get some tickets, and it seemed like foreverrrrrr until it came time to go. This weekend, it finally arrived! Lucky for us, it also happened to be my bestie Erin's birthday, so we got to jam-pack a lot of fun times and celebrating into one weekend. I've posted some pictures below to highlight some of the fun things we did. If you're not jealous, you should be! ;)

PJ's and a wild game of Phase 10 on Friday night. Yeah, we're old. ;)

In line for the Milwaukee Zoo!!

I don't get to a zoo too often, so I was kinda picture happy! :)
(Click on the photo to see larger images of the animals.)

Post-zoo, post-nap, pre-bowling!

Not sure if you can tell, but we're professional bowlers. :)

A cop on a bike just strolled on in. We forced him into a photo.

Brad, our awesomely entertaining bartender at the bowling alley!

The woman taking our photo suggested this pose. Cute! I like her. :)

This dude was juggling 5 flaming torches. For real?!
(How do you even discover you're good at something like that?!)

I found Justin Bieber!!! Enough said. :)

Anxiously awaiting the concert!!!

Sara Bareilles. Love her!

Sugarland. Such a GREAT show!!! Definitely seeing them again! :)

No comments: