Monday, July 11, 2011

L to the A to the X

As I mentioned in my Weekend Bliss post, I was lucky enough to spend about 5 days in La Crosse over the 4th of July. Heaven! I must confess, Milwaukee is definitely growing on me (shhh, don't tell anyone!), but La Crosse still holds an extremely special place in my heart that I don't think will ever be replaced. I was actually there so long over the weekend that I have a hard time keeping track of my days and all the things I did. Here's my attempt at a recall.
  • Drinks with a friend on Thursday night.
  • Coffee with my former boss on Friday morning.
  • Tubing on the Upper Iowa River on Friday afternoon.
  • Grilling out with friends on Friday night.
  • 8 hours on the Mississippi (and MAJOR sunburn) on Saturday.
  • Grilling out again Saturday night.
  • Meeting friends at Riverfest and getting sick from the heat.
  • Restless sleep since I was sick.
  • Rest on Sunday.
  • Movie watching on Sunday morning.
  • Riverfest with a few peeps on Sunday afternoon.
  • Going to bed early Sunday night. Tired from heat exhaustion.
  • Sleeping in on Monday.
  • Helping cook (well, mostly helping EAT;) a delicious meal.
  • Playing BINGO at Riverfest. (One # away from winning $56!)
  • Grilling out. Again. We like to grill, okay?!
  • Fireworks on the River.
  • Bed.
  • Driving back to MKE on Tuesday morning and going to work.
As you can see, many of the things that I predicted would happen DID happen, so it was a fabulous weekend! Well, aside from getting sick. Clearly that was not part of the plan. Then my "host" got sick on Sunday night. Doesn't help when he lives in a loft without air conditioning and it's over 100 degrees with the heat index, but that's a whole different subject! ;) Anyway, leaving LAX and coming back to Milwaukee, just to go straight to work on Tuesday, was not an easy thing to do. The drive was literally painful because I was THAT sunburned, and I was also exhausted! Overall, though, it was a GREAT weekend with some of my favorite people, and I'm already itching to go back! I get a brief little teaser on Thursday night as I'm making a pitstop there overnight on my way to the Cities for the NKOTBSB concert on Sunday. Exciting! I'll take what I can get! Anyway, sorry I don't have any pictures to show for the weekend I was in LAX. You wouldn't have wanted to see how sweaty and gross I was anyway. Ha! Well, I hope you all had a very happy 4th of July! :))

No comments: