Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Halloween + Turkey Day! (Yep, I'm Behind.)

Okay, okay. This is almost a joke nowadays. I am so far behind that I am going to combine Halloween and Thanksgiving into one post. I could add Christmas and New Year's too, but it might get a little long, so I'll do a combined one on that soon! I find myself wondering... "Do people even have interest in seeing this stuff so long after it happened?!" And then I figure I might as well still do it as a way for me to remember, and as a way to keep you updated, even if I'm behind! :)

Let's start with Halloween. Last year, I was welcomed into an 'exclusive' group of friends who celebrate Halloween in a BIG way. I came into that group because of my connection to L, and I couldn't be happier about it. You may or may not recall my AWESOME costume last year (the theme was "80's Icons"), and this year, the theme was "Board Game Characters." I'm going to go ahead and throw it out there that I wasn't overly thrilled with my costume this year. Wasn't quite as creative. But it was still fun! I went as Mrs. White from Clue. Most depictions show her as a frumpy 'ol lady, but I just went with a typical maid costume and made it a little sexier. ;) L went was the guy from Monopoly, and boy did he get into it! Almost too into it, ha! Overall, it was a great weekend! We took Friday off, so we drove up to La Crosse really early (that's where the annual celebration is held, and this was L's first weekend at the event as a non-La Crosse resident). We basically drank all day and just enjoyed everyone's company. Ha! Enjoy some pics of the weekend!

Leaving Madison for La Crosse!

 First of the crew to arrive in La Crosse!
Some of the ladies! :)
  
(I like the pic above, and L likes the pic below.:)
 Ladies get down! :)
 A visit to La Crosse wouldn't be complete without a trip to Del's!
Me and Kayleigh! :)
 Let the Halloween celebration commence! (Monopoly Man and Mrs. White)
 The cast of Clue minus Professor Plum!
 Makes me smile. :)
 See?! Isn't that costume creepishly good?! He's even got a little "Community Chest!"
 The crew that lasted the longest!
We stopped at a pumpkin patch on our way back from La Crosse. Fun!

And then there was Thanksgiving. I was able to get home for a few days, which of course is always fantastic! Being in Milwaukee and always on the go makes it hard to get home as often as I'd like, so I welcome any chance I get. Thanksgiving food always makes me pretty pumped too! Anyway, I unfortunately didn't take too many pictures over the weekend, but here are a few random ones I got! I did also have some on my old phone, but it'd be a lot of work to get them onto my computer, so you'll just have to live without them. ;) Hope you all have lots of things to be thankful for! Every so often, on days like today when I have a particularly rough day, I have to be sure to take the time to remember how many good things I have. Anyway, enjoy a few more pics!
 What's a Thanksgiving reunion without a little high school-esque drinking?! ;)
 Above: Me and Bean; Below: Me and Becca
Me and Erin!
 Me and Mama on Thanksgiving Day! Just getting ready to cook!
Holding sweet baby Meg! :)
  
Dancing with my papa at Allison's!
 Me and Subs!
 Me and Gerdie!

If you're still reading my blog after all my monthly breaks in posts, I thank you dearly! It means a lot to me! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WELCOME BACK NAE. I WAS WONDERING IF YOU WERE EVER COMING BACK. I LOOK SO FORWARD TO LOOKING AND READING ALL THE BLOGS. LOTS OF GREAT PICTURES. CANT WAIT FOR THE CATCH UP THRU CHRISTMAS. LOVE YOU!!! MAMA

Renee said...

Thanks mom! As you know, lots going on as always! I'm glad you still check and read it. I wish I could blog more. Hopefully soon! :)

Unknown said...

I may be a little late, but I'm still here... I feel your pain. Wayyyy behind here ;)

Renee said...

It's all good, Court. It's the effort that counts! ;)