Saturday, January 1, 2011

Christmas!

Yet again, I am forced to apologize for my lack of blog posts lately. Life has been crazy hectic over the past few weeks, but in a good way! I worked through December 22nd and then got to head home for the holidays from December 23-30th. Yet another perk of my job! Anyway, first things first, HAPPY NEW YEAR! I can't believe it's 2011 already. Crazy. A blog entry on that to follow soon. Now to catch up on the entries I've been meaning to post. It is no secret that Christmas is pretty much my favorite holiday. Every year, I get that same excited feeling that I got even as a child. I simply just love the feeling in the air and the time I get to spend with my family. And call me selfish, but I also love the aspect of presents. :) Don't worry, I love giving them too, especially when I find things that seem just right for someone. This year, I got a lot of really great things (i.e. books, a slow cooker--yes, I'm turning into a domestic, clothes, gift cards, etc.). For those of you who don't know, our family tradition has always been to have the immediate family together on Christmas Eve to hang out and open gifts. No surprise here, but it also involves a lot of snacking, or overeating, depending on how you view it! Then we usually get together with my mom's side of the family on one of the days right before or after Christmas. I especially love that gathering because it gives me an opportunity to see my cousins who I only see during this time of year (they live on the east coast). It's a fun gathering because we all get to catch up and then laugh our asses off when we do white elephant gifts (see photos below). I have since come back to Milwaukee, but the time I got to spend at home for Christmas was well worth it as usual. Seasons greetings to everyone! :)


Me and the girls on Christmas Eve!

With the bros!

I got these wigs as a white elephant gift. Of course someone took them from me because they are AWESOME. I always seem to get the gift that everyone wants.

Dad got lingerie. Nice.

Merry Christmas! ;)

No comments: