Monday, January 17, 2011

Go Pack Go!!!!

Because I'm on an excitement high, I feel that it's necessary to dedicate a blog entry to my favorite sports team of all time: the Green Bay Packers! Most people in my life are fully aware of my freakish obsession with football season in general, but even moreso with the Green and Gold. In fact, I just told my mom today that if I were to get married and also have the opportunity to actually attend (not just watch on TV) a Packers' Super Bowl game, that I'd probably look back on both of those days and classify watching the Packers in person at the Super Bowl as the happiest day of my life. That's right, going to the Super Bowl to watch the Packers would make me happier than the day I get married. ;) Okay, maybe that's a little extreme, but I can't even describe how awesome it would be to go to the Super Bowl and watch them play!! Now, I don't want to jump the gun here, because we (yes, I refer to the Packers as "we") still have one more game to win before the Super Bowl is in our future, but with the way we've been playing, I'm feeling damn good about the odds! And no matter what, the fact that we get to square off against the Bears for the 3rd time this season is awesome in itself. Divisional rivals haven't played each other in the NFC Championship for over 20 years, so this is a BIG deal. Maybe not to everyone, but it is to me! And maybe I'm biased, but I've said all season long that I sense a Super Bowl for us this year, and each week, that is becoming a more and more likely possibility. What other team could overcome that many injuries and painful upsets to be where the Packers are right now? No other team, that's who. Can't wait until next week to see what happens. And if by chance they lose, you can be sure that I will sink into a deep depression for awhile. Actually, maybe not. Their season is one to be proud of no matter what, but a "W" will obviously be much sweeter than an "L." In the spirit of my excitement, I've included some photos below of previous Packer games I've attended. After looking through all my pictures, I want now more than ever to get back to Lambeau again! All I've gotta say is, "GO PACK GO!!" :)
PACKERS VS. JAGUARS (8-23-07)



PACKERS VS. COWBOYS (9-21-08)
PACKERS VS. VIKINGS (11-1-09 -- Favre's first game at Lambeau as a Viking)


No comments: