Saturday, January 28, 2012

You Can Call Me Shooter.

A couple weeks ago, I was up in La Crosse (big surprise, huh;) for an extended weekend. It had been quite awhile since I'd seen L, and even longer since I'd been up to La Crosse, so it seemed like a good time to go since he'd just gotten back from Hawaii and since we both had that Monday off for Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. Anyway, we didn't have much for plans, just basically wanted to chill. Friday night, we just relaxed, Saturday was lazy until we went to his friend Lisa's birthday party that night, Sunday was spent primarily in a bar watching playoff football (no, we don't need to talk about that horrifically painful Packers loss), and on Monday, we went with a couple of our friends to shoot some guns. Yes, you read that right. We went to shoot some guns. For whatever reason, L has been on a major gun kick lately. Not for protection, more for sport. He recently got a new gun and has been VERY excited about it. Couple that with the fact that our friend Hammer is a huge outdoors-y guy, and you have quite the combo. ;) Hammer lives in a cabin out in the middle of nowhere, so L and I went with Hammer and his girlfriend (my good friend, Kayleigh) to shoot a few different guns. Let me tell ya, I was nervous as hell. I've never really handled a gun before, well, besides a bee bee gun, so this was scary for me! Thankfully, L and Hammer are good teachers and made me feel very at ease! It was a bit of a chilly day, and I wasn't really dressed properly, but overall, I had a blast! I'm not sure I'd ever be a full-on gunslinger, but I wouldn't mind going to the range and shooting once in awhile. In fact, L seems to think I need this gun so I can join the club, so to speak! At this point, I'm not THAT into it, but maybe someday I'll invest. Until then, I'll just hang with the boys and shoot theirs. ;) See some pictures below, and take special note of mine and Kayleigh's awesome stances. Ha!

Sadly, the only picture I got of Hammer shooting!

L firing his new baby. :)

Not sure why, but I love this picture. I look tough holding L's gun. ;)

L onto a new gun!
(Kayleigh and I didn't shoot this one. Too powerful!)

Kayleigh shooting the .22!

My turn with the .22!

Hammer teaching me how to hold the muzzleloader!

Apparently my face was hilarious when I shot this one. It's LOUD!

Kayleigh shooting the muzzleloader while Hammer observes!

No comments: